[WT-support] computer/skimmer problems

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Feb 22 02:35:15 CET 2012

Rick,

I absolutely agree with W4TV that 384 MB is way too little memory to run
Windows XP or later these days.

It is not clear to me if you are running CW Skimmer locally with your own
SDR, or connecting to the reverse beacon network to get other Skimmer
spots, or both.  wtDxTelnet doesn't use much CPU.  CW Skimmer or SkimSrv
uses a ton of CPU.

As for filtering, if you're using the Reverse Beacon Network (RBN) and only
want to see DX spots originating from CQ zones 4 and 5, say, you could
connect to telnet.reversebeacon.net port 7000 then issue the following
command on that server:

acc/spot by_zone 4,5 or by wz7i
rej/spot call_dxcc w,ve

(WZ7I's Skimmer is in Zone 5, but the server thinks it is in zone 3)

or if you're in CQ Zone 3, try:

acc/spot by_zone 1,3,4 not by wz7i
rej/spot call_dxcc w,ve