[WT-support] computer/skimmer problems

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Feb 22 00:36:00 CET 2012

> This Machine is 1800 mhz and has 384 meg of ram...more ram needed??

384 MB or RAM is not nearly sufficient for modern operating systems
- particularly if you are processing a skimmer "firehose" in addition
to running a logging program.   256MB is the absolute minimum for
Windows XP to even run.  I would not even consider running Skimmer
along with microHAM Router and a logger on a system with less than
1 GB of RAM and a 2 GHz CPU.

If you can't upgrade memory to at least 2 GB, it's time to replace the
computer (or move it to a place that it only deals with one radio).
The 80% CPU usage with Skimmer is an absolute red flag.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV