[WT-support] win-test in vhf/uhf contests

Jan Kuhne jan.urbig at s1998.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Feb 21 20:52:04 CET 2012

Hi guys,

after using Win-test on shortwave I wanted to give it a try on VHF/UHF
as well where we used a different SW up to now. I stumbled upon
several topics that I cannot find help for in the documentation, maybe
someone on this list knows?

-WT rejects Aurora or Rain Scatter reports. Is there any way to make
this work? Rain Scatter reports are mandatory for serious microwave
efforts accounting for up to 80% of all qso's in a summer contest on
10ghz. and even aurora may come back in a contest some day.

- in a mixed mode SO2R setup (e.g. Radio1 2m, Radio2 70cm), I want to
work e.g. SSB on 2m and CW on 70cm. However when Radio 1 is in SSB
mode and Radio2 is also, I cannot change Radio2 to CW mode. I first
need to change radio1 to CW and then I can change it also for radio2.
When I do that Win-test however changes also the band for radio2 so
that it is the same band as radio1. I then can change the band for
radio2 and everything is set up as I want it to be but this sounds
like way to complex in the hectics of an actual contest.

73s,

Jan DL3JAN