[WT-support] FW: MH MKII and Wintest ver 4+

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Feb 3 19:51:13 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Wayne Kline <w3ea at hotmail.com> wrote:

> From: w3ea at hotmail.com
> To: support-request at win-test.com
> Subject: MH MKII and Wintest ver 4+
> Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 13:30:12 -0500

Wayne,

First, please send mail to support at win-test.com rather than to
support-request at win-test.com to post questions to this reflector.

> I have a Microham MicroKeyerII latest firmware upgrade, I have a AMD quad
> core win 7 plus OS.
> Where my problem is, accessing the internal CW mesg or the DVK ( internal
> Microham codec) through the wintest program.
> I am able to record and play messages directly from the microham to the
> radio by using the remote key pad.
>
>  But not using the f keys to play back or the  Alt F keys to  modify to
> record a mesg ? through wintest ?
>
> Got to be  pilot error on my part. my old set up  Microkeyer  Computer
> sound card  in an old pentium 4 XP pro worked A OK ?
>
> Wayne W3EA

The voice messages programmed directly into a microKeyerII will not play
back unless you tell Win-Test which COM port is your MKII control port.

But personally I've found it far more convenient to use the microHAM box
only as an external sound card, programmed and controlled by Win-Test (via
Shift-F1, Shift-F2, etc.), rather than as an external voice keyer
controlled by the microHAM control protocol.

See this thread<http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2011-October/081625.html>for
more information describing how to do that (click "Next message" at
the
bottom to follow the thread).

If you still can't get anything to work, please send me screen shots of
your Win-Test Interfaces Configuration screen and your MKII set-up screens.