[WT-support] URGENT PLEASE HELP!!

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Jul 30 02:46:24 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Filipe Lopes <ct1ilt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Meanwhile i tested the cable again and the only thing I get is a continuos
> piiiiiiii when I plug the jack plug into the radio, I guess the transistor
> must be the problem... can you give me your opinion?

It could be a Win-Test setup problem.  Are you keying via a second COM port
DTR line (maybe with a USB-to-Serial adapter?) or via LPT port?  Some PCs
will power up with the keying pin stuck in the ON position, and the key down
CW will only stop when you start Win-Test.

If using a COM port (virtual or real), be sure that the COM port is set to
"Other interface", and that the DTR (pin 4) is set to CW rather to Always
ON.

Unlike the Elecraft K3, with a TS-590S, you cannot use the same COM port for
DTR on/off keying and rig control; you have to use a separate COM port.

If LPT, make sure CW via LPT pin 17 is checked.

Both of these are set via SETUP menu (aka Options | Interface
Configuration).

If you can't figure it out, please send me a screen shot of your Win-Test
Interface Configuration dialog.