[WT-support] MicroHAM CW-Keyer to Win-Test

Manfred Ockert m.ockert at t-online.de
Wed Jul 27 18:03:09 CEST 2011

contest at oz0j.dk schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I have a CW-keyer from Win-Test setup for an Icom IC-756Pro.

here IC746pro

> The USB software is running on a Windows 7 Home Edition.
>
> I have created a virtuel port COM7 for the CAT communication.

can be done ..here CPOM6

> The CAT communication has been set to:
>
> 19200 bits
9600
> data bits 8
> parity - none
> stop bits 2

9k6,8,n,2 ist typical

> and in Win-Test
>
> DTR to Always Off
> RTS to PTT
???????

WinKey here on COM5 with Cale to TRX keyerinput

> Radio1 in Win-Test has been set to IC-756Pro
>
> All communication to the MicroHAM USB software is working including the CAT.
>
> Setup in Win-Test has been set according to the setup manual from MicroHAM
> to Win-Test.
>
> The CW-keying from Win-Test is also working.

> The only problem I have is, that the CAT interface with band and mode is
> not working.

look at Manual (or TRX) I am not sure,think 9k6 ist ICOMs standard
(yaesu has 4800Bits)  , look at microHAM for exact HexCode ...

> In Win-Test I run version 4.6.0
>
> Any idears of how to fix that?

use correct Data ... in very very few problems it will help to change
win-settings on devicemanager...

> Best 73
> Jorgen OZ0J

one win7 computer, others on winXP driving IC725 (1k2), IC737 (9k6)
IC7400 = IC746pro (9k6), FT897D (4k8)

Only for Yaesu ( 4k8 via usb-to-serial) it was needed too change system
settings, all others done in win-test  ( 4.4 ....up to 4.8 )

Fred