[WT-support] WinKey for PTT in SSB ?

iain macdonnell - N6ML ar at dseven.org
Fri Jul 22 23:22:37 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 9:14 PM, Bob Wilson, N6TV <n6tv at arrl.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 1:36 PM, HB9CAT <hb9cat at thezollingers.org> wrote:
>>
>> I’m planning to use Win-test in a mixed mode contest, the WinKey setup for
>> CW works fine; still, I need a PTT signal also for SSB, it would be easier
>> to get the PTT asserted by Winkey also for SSB. Any way to configure
>> Win-test to do it ?
>
> I don't think that is possible.  If you are using an original WinKey chip
> rather than a WinKey2, you can try setting Second Output (Pin 5) to PTT, in
> WKSETUP, but that may only work for CW mode.

As far as I know, there is no way to instruct the WinKeyer to assert
PTT independently of sending CW. Software can instruct the WinKeyer
whether or not PTT should be asserted when sending CW, but there's no
"PTT on"/"PTT off" command mechanism.... It's unfortunate - it could
be quite convenient to be able to use the WinKeyer's PTT output for
SSB....

73,

    ~iain / N6ML