[WT-support] HELP!

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Sep 25 01:37:06 CEST 2010

Filipe,

I don't have enough information, so I can only guess.

Make sure the stereo T-adapter is plugged all the way in to the LINE IN jack
of the sound card, not MIC. IN.  It is easy to mix them up.

Make sure there is no RFI when you connect the common grounds between both
Radio 1 and Radio 2 through the T connector. If you are using Elecraft K3,
use the LINE OUT jacks not the headphone jacks.  Only use the left (VFO A)
channel from each radio.  Ignore VFO B / Sub Rx (right channel).  Turn down
the RTTY monitor sidetone in the radio so that when radio 1 transmits, very
little audio leaks through to radio 2.

Connect a heavy braid (coax shield) directly between both radio's ground
posts so that any RF stays away from the audio line shield as much as
possible.

Use FSK instead of AFSK.  Make sure the station Mic. is MUTED.

Make sure you are starting TWO copies of MMTTY in separate directories.
Each copy of MMTTY must be installed in a *separate* directory, e.g. Radio1
uses C:\Program Files\MMTTY\MMTTY.EXE and Radio2 uses C:\Program
Fiels\MMTTY2\MMTTY.EXE.  See this
link<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#RTTY_configuration...>for
an example.  MMTTY 1 should monitor LEFT channel and MMTTY 2 should
monitor RIGHT channel.

Make sure you are not using any of the Advanced SO2R Scenarios that mix up
the audio from both radios using $R1R2 etc.

Are you using MK2R+?

If you still can't figure it out, I would have to see all the screen shots
or you would have to install CrossLoop and a broadband connection for
debugging the setup remotely.