[WT-support] CQWW CW issue

Mikael Larsmark mike at sm3wmv.com
Mon Nov 29 15:52:57 CET 2010

Hello

First off, the program worked great. We had it on four different
computers in our M/S effort and just had one single crash of WT, but
probably caused by the computer since its a bit unstable. There are a
few suggestions and issues though.

I hope that some day you will understand how much the need to be able to
shut down the spot bandwidth. Maybe its because you lads don't work much
CW Contests (?) but this is a MAJOR issue. Lots of times I heard angry
ops saying "What was that spot?" when a new DXCC arrived on the monitor
and disappeared within seconds before they even managed to click the
spot. Now with skimmer it has gotten even worse. If A45XR gets spotted
on 80m for example, and some local W5 gets spotted by an US skimmer on
the same freq, I don't want the A45XR spot to go away!

This is a MAJOR issue which need to be fixed, and I believe there must
be many Multi-op/assisted stations needing this, especially now with the
introduction of skimmer. Now with CQ 160 CW coming up in the end of
January, when there are probably 2-3 stations per 100 Hz this has to be
fixed because I really don't want to go back to the N1MM crap because of
such a simple thing but still so important.

Now I had ops writing down calls and freqs on a paper so that they would
not go away.

73 de Mike, SM2WMV (SJ2W)
http://www.sj2w.se/