[WT-support] Speed jumps up occasionally

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Mon Nov 29 15:21:27 CET 2010

Here is a question for both the WT and Microham support reflectors:

I find that occasionally the speed will jump up many wpm when I send a  "TU
K5KG" message from the "+" key.  I will be running and running, and
sending TU K5KG with the + key QSO after QSO.  Then, every now and then,  when I
send TU K5KG from the + key, the speed will jump up to lightning fast  (maybe
50 wpm).  I'd appreciate any ideas as to why this happens, and what  to do
to prevent it.

Here is my current set up:  Microham CW Keyer, WinTest 4.6,  K3.  Although,
this is my current set up, the speed jump up also  happened with WT 3.n and
an Icom Pro3.  Bottom line, it has been happening  for several years.  The
common elements seem to be WT and the CW  Keyer.

73, George, K5KG

George  Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL
941-400-1960  cell