[WT-support] "wrong" filename

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Nov 6 18:42:39 CET 2010

Are you using WT 4.6?

>From Release.txt:

- Bugfix : Under some circumstances, the default filename of a contest
  log could contain invalid characters. Tnx G0ORH.

That may explain what's happening.  The "+" character is not valid within a
Windows file name or directory name (because "+" means "concatenate").

FYI, the naming convention can be changed to something much simpler using
Options | Log | New contest file properties.  See:

http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#New_Contest_Files_Properties

I use

File Name:  %C%M%y
Subdir Name: (blank)

because I prefer to keep all files in the same directory (though this
confuses the Contest Recorder playback feature, because it refuses to play
back audio if there is more than one copy of a contest log for the same year
in the same directory).

FYI, I almost never use File | New, because it resets all the CW messages to
defaults that I don't like, and resets to the default window positions.

Instead, I just copy the log I used last year to a new name, open the new
name, and use the CLEARLOG command to remove all the QSOs.  Then all the CW
/ RTTY messages are preserved, as well as the window positions.