[WT-support] Problem saving

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed May 26 23:19:49 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Bob-N4CU
<n4cu-2 at s125890533.onlinehome.us>wrote:

>  The last time I used WinTest was in January and it worked fine.
> I am getting ready fo CW WWPX CW and cannot seem to save anything.   I
> opened "DXTEST" and added a few QSOs and tried to create the log files.
> There is no DXTEST.ADI or other logfile in the wintest folder or anywhere
> else on the computer.  In sddition there is no wintest.wtb file file.   Any
> suggestions?
> Bob, NCU

Everything depends on what version of Windows are you using and what version
of Win-Test you are using.

>From Win-Test select *File, Create Log Files* (text command shortcut:
WRITELOG).  Be sure to check ADIF at the top.  Then press OK.

See http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:File_open#Create_Log_Files .  At the
bottom of the screen it displays the location of the ADIF file.

If using Win-Test 4, select *File, Explore, Log directory* to view your .wt4
files (.wtb no longer used).

Note also that Windows may be hiding the folders and the file extensions, so
you can't see the ".wt4".  To fix that, read this
section<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Check_Partial_and_Np1_Files#Location>of
the Wiki all the way through.

I also recommend using Options, Load Contest at Startup, as documented here:

http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Load_contest_at_startup

**so that you don't have to find the .WT4 file every time you restart
Win-Test.