[WT-support] Band Map and S&P

sm5ajv at qrq.se sm5ajv at qrq.se
Mon Mar 29 18:42:40 CEST 2010

The WT band map is a great asset when you want to be fast
in Search & Pounce. Here are some issues that I found from
the two last contesting weekends.

SORT RESETS BAND MAP CURSOR
During the CQ WPX contest I was using the band map in List mode,
filled with cluster spots. The band map was sorted by
headings, which is a very nice feature. It lets you
"sweep the bands" with the antenna direction instead
of going in frequency direction.

Unfortunately, each time a "new one" was worked the band
map was sorted again and the azimuth focus was reset. So
if I was hunting some South American stations in azimuth
250 degrees the band map cursor was reset to the start
of the band map for each entry worked. That made the Ctrl-Down/Up
keystrokes more or less useless, since you have to go down again
in the sorted list to find the 250 degree stations
Is this a bug or a feature?

DELETE BAND MAP ENTRY
When deleting an entry in the band map a dialog appears
with a OK and Cancel buttons. That's OK, but I would like
to NOT having the accompanied sound/beep. The beep went
out in the air every time since I am using my station
remotely. I am not sure if the beep also will get on the air
if you are using the PC sound card as a DKV?

AUTO FILL WHEN IN S&P
I would also like an auto-fill of call-sign field when you
move to a frequency that has a spot in the band map.
Maybe I have missed how to deal with this?

MARKING SKIMMER SPOTS
Is there any way to mark spots coming from your own
Skimmer in order to distinguish them from cluster
spots?

73
Ingo SM5AJV / SE5E