[WT-support] WAE-CW ... Doing a "writelog" doubles the QTCs?

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Aug 17 00:14:02 CEST 2010

Hi Nigel

Nigel G3TXF a écrit :

> However I noticed then when I typed WRITELOG (in the QSO
> field) at the end of the contest, the number of QTCs shown
> in the Summary table window then increases (it doubles!).

(snip)

Thanks for the report. Other users already also reported it, and it's
fixed in our dvpt trunk. The next nightly build (tomorrow morning UTC)
will include this fix (among others).

> At the beginning of the WAE-CW Contest I lost 2 x 10
> in-coming QTCs because (through my own lack of pre-Contest
> practice) I got confused by the wording of the "Cancellation
> Confirmation" message on closing the Alt-L window. It says
> "Are you sure to cancel this QTC series? If you validate,
> they will not be saved". The word "validate" in this context
> is a bit confusing, because on the main Alt-L screen
> "validate" means "save my QTCs".
>
> Perhaps a better wording for the little "Cancellation
> Confirmation" message would be "Do you really want to delete
> these QTCs? If you press YES, they will be lost!"
>
> I realise that "validate" is a favorite word in the world of
> computers, but I wonder whether at the bottom right of the
> main Alt-L QTC screen it should not say "Save my QTCs"
> rather than "Validate" on the button.

We also received other complaints from users about this dialog, and on
the general behavior to exit the QTC receiving dialog.

Olivier introduced this QTC dialog maybe 6 or 7 years ago (v2.1.6 !) and
we haven't got any report on that "issue" since, except this year ;-)
It would require a different program workflow, but it looks feasible.
Wording can be adapted too, on this occasion.

73

Larry - F6FVY