[WT-support] RSGB Club Calls Contest

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Oct 29 17:15:10 CET 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 3:18 AM, Andy Hewitt <andyphewitt at btopenworld.com>wrote:

>  Thanks but I am looking for the RSGB -- CLUB CALLS CONTEST 160m Phone. I
> am using WT ver3.27 and the HFCC logs have been in ver. 3xx for as long as I
> have been using WT.

I guess you mean this one:

http://www.rsgbcc.org/hf/rules/2009/rclubcalls.shtml

What's the "HFCC" contest?  Are you saying that Win-Test used to support
"160m SSB Club Calls" contest but now you can't find it?

I see no evidence that Win-Test ever supported the 160m "Club Calls"
contest.  I can't find any references to it in Release.txt, though WT does
support the RSGB 80m "Club Championship" and the RSGB "Affiliated Societies
Team Contest".

According to the 2008
results<http://www.rsgbcc.org/hf/results/2008/clubcalls2008.shtml>,
the winner of the RSGB Club Calls contest made only 150 QSOs last year.

In contrast, the winner of the 2008 California QSO
Party<http://www.cqp.org/results/2008/08CQPSUM.pdf>made over 2600
QSOs, and the out-of-state champion made nearly 900 QSOs with
CA stations alone.

Now, which new contest do you think the authors should make a top priority?
;-)

(I already know your answer, but I had to ask).