[WT-support] 746 Pro Still Won't Send To WT

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Oct 22 22:44:39 CEST 2009

[[ Off list ]]

Neil,

I would like to help, but there are so many questions I have asked and you
have not answered all of them.  You may be the only one attempting to get
this working under Vista 64.

Are you sure you are using VFO A (do you see "VFO A" on the radio's
display)?

Did you try logging some fake QSOs, spinning the dial 5 kHz after each fake
QSO is logged, then move the cursor up and press Alt-F on each
previously-logged QSO to see what frequency was recorded?  You can also
create a Cabrillo file (text command is WRITELOG) to see the logged
frequencies if that is easier.  Does the frequency of the QSO match the
radio's frequency at the time you logged the QSO or not?  Maybe just the
band map Radio display is broken.

If you press [ - ] (minus) and enter a frequency, does the radio go into
Split mode?

If you press [ - ] (minus) and hit [Enter] (no frequency), does the radio
exit Split mode?

Are you trying to run Win-Test and HRD or any other program at the same
time?

Are you using an Icom CT-17 level converter or a homebrew box?

Are you supplying DC power to the level converter via a separate connector?
Is that power OFF at the time you boot the Windows PC?

Is Menu Item #21 (9600bps Mode) set to OFF?

After setting everything up as described in your note below, did you POWER
OFF EVERYTHING then try again?

Are you running Win-Test under an "Administrator" ID?  Are you running it in
"Windows XP Compatibility Mode" (not sure if Vista 64 has that feature or
not).

Can you please send me some screen shots as described previously?

If you prefer, install CrossLoop from http://www.crossloop.com then call me
at 408-256-2623 and I will be able to see what is on your screen in real
time (once you give me the connect code and grant permission for me to
connect).  Broadband is required.

Can you please try downloading and using an OLDER version of Win-Test (
http://download.win-test.com/v4/bin) such as version 4.1 or even Version 3
(requires different reg. key).

Can you borrow a laptop and try it under Windows XP instead of Vista 64?

You are the only one reporting a problem, though GW3NJW claims you should
use polling and NOT uses CI-V Tranceive, which seems very strange.