[WT-support] Sample LUA scripts for the Elecraft K3: Play DVR msg, CLEARRIT, SWAPVFO

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Oct 10 07:38:06 CEST 2009

I've placed some sample Elecraft K3 radio control LUA scripts
here<http://www.kkn.net/%7En6tv/K3scripts.zip>.
You need to run Win-Test
4.2.0-dev<http://download.win-test.com/v4/nightly/wt_dev.zip>or later
to execute them.

>From *Readme.txt*:

This file contains some LUA Scripts that work only with the Elecraft K3 and
only with
Win-Test 4.2 or later

  ClearRIT.wts - Clear RIT of active radio
  SwapVFO.wts  - Swap VFO A/B
  PlayM1.wts   - Play K3 DVR or CW memory M1
  PlayM2.wts   - Play K3 DVR or CW memory M2
  PlayM3.wts   - Play K3 DVR or CW memory M3
  PlayM4.wts   - Play K3 DVR or CW memory M4
  PlayHalt.wts - Halt K3 DVR playback (equiv. to tapping REC)

Installation:

  Place all script files in the {Appdata}\Scripts directory:

  Windows XP:
    "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Win-Test\scripts\"

  Windows Vista:
    C:\ProgramData\Win-Test\scripts\

Usage:

  To assign a script to a function key (but doesn't work F1-F4?):

  1. In Win-Test select  Tools | Scripts manager
  2. Select the script (single-click)
  3. Click [Properties]
  4. Click [Define...]
  5. Press the function key you wish to assign
  6. Press [OK]

  To unassign a script from a function key, repeat steps 1-3.
  4. Press [Delete]

  To invoke a script from a CW or RTTY message, use the script name with a #
as prefix, e.g.

  1. In Win-test, type MSGS in the callsign field and press [Enter]
  2. Program the message, e.g.
     [Plus]:  $CORRECT TU $MYCALL $CR #CLEARRIT

Note:

  If you are using a K3 with the microHAM MK2R and older V5 Router, you may
need to specify

    4800,N,8,1 DTR=Handshake RTS=Handshake

  in Win-Test COM port SETUP for the K3 Radio port, rather than

     DTR/RTS=Always Off

  otherwise, the LUA script radio commands may be ignored.

Please let me know how they work for you.

I encourage others to come up with Yaesu, Icom, Kenwood, and Ten-Tec
equivalents where applicable.

I tried assigning PlayM1 to F1, PlayM2 to F2, etc., but it doesn't seem to
work for me as those keys seem to be "reserved".  I don't know if that's a
bug or working as intended.  It works OK on other (unused) keys.