[WT-support] Elecraft DVR control

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Oct 7 00:18:44 CEST 2009

There still does not seem to be a way to send a radio-specific command
string, which would be really useful not only for K3 DVR (radio voice keyer)
control, but also for a CLEAR RIT function.

Perhaps the best thing long term would be for Win-Test to add support for
VE3NEA's Omni-Rig <http://www.dxatlas.com/omnirig/> interface, where the
pmRit0 mnemonic defines the RIT CLEAR command.  There doesn't seem to be an
Omni-Rig mnemonic DVR control, but there is a SendCustomCommand method.

In the mean time, something quick that could be implemented in time for CQ
WW Phone would be new strings in the WT.INI file that we could just type in
with a text editor, e.g., in WT.INI, we could manually add the following for
a K3

[Radio1]
RITCLEAR="RC;"  (ASCII string)
PLAYMSG1=0x0201 (not sure what to put here, some hex string perhaps)

[Radio2]
RITCLEAR="RC;"
PLAYMSG1=0x0201

Then new message variables $RITCLEAR and "PLAYMSG1" could send whatever
strings they find in WT.INI to the radios, and it would be up to us (the rig
owners) to figure out what's works for each rig type.  We could share these
in the Wiki, and once the list was complete, it would then be trivial for
the developers to add these new comands to Win-Test and/or Omni-Rig so that
we no longer would have to manually edit WT.INI.

<http://www.dxatlas.com/omnirig/>On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Marios