[WT-support] Text Messages RTTY/CW

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri May 15 19:33:11 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Karl-Heinz - DL2FAG <dl2fag at arcor.de>wrote:

> within Wintest I can select/modify messages for RTTY and CW depending on
> the used mode. But when I modify the RTTY-textmessage, the same change will
> be done in the CW-message. Is is a correct behaviour or maybe I have to
> modify anything in the settings. It would be a little bit strange, if this
> is a normal behaviour - normally the message in CW and RTTY are different.

Karl,

I think this recent
post<http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2009-April/077505.html>will
answer your question.  Most messages are saved in the .WTB file, so
for
each contest you can have a different set of messages.

Once you have a separte .WTB file programmed for each CW and RTTY contest,
just copy the old .WTB file to prepare for the next running of the
contest.   You don't have to re-enter everything.  Just use the CLEARLOG
command to remove all the old QSO records from the copy, and then you're all
set to go with the new contest, no message reprogramming required.