[WT-support] RC-2800 rotor controllers -- need help to clarify different versions

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sat Jul 11 11:32:56 CEST 2009

Hi -

I'm confused with the M²/Orion Controllers references. Could you help me
to clarify?

In the support section of the M² website, I can see two controllers:
RC-2800P-A (1998-2003) and RC-2800PX (>=2004).

So, according to M² support page, RC-2800PX is the next generation
controller, with a newest protocol (for example, the protocol for
setting the Azimuth is Axxx where xxx is the Azimuth in degrees).

But in the meantime I also got the manual of a RC-2800PX (model
RC-2800PX-AZ) which states that for setting the rotor to a new Azimuth,
one just needs to send the Azimuth in degrees.

So I wonder how I could identy both versions of the controllers (and
associated protocols) in wtRotators.

Should it be correct to have:

- M²/Orion RC2800 (for the latest versions)
- M²/Orion RC2800P-A (which also includes RC2800PX as well)

Thanks in anticipation for clarifications!

73,
--
Olivier / f5mzn