[WT-support] Swap VFO function in v4

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jul 8 01:26:33 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 12:27 PM, Zoli Pitman HA1AG <ha1ag at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Don't we have this implemented on the frontplate of the radio ? ;)

Yes we have an [A/B] button on the radio, but it is a lot of work to press
it 150 times in a 4-hour Sprint contest (NA Sprint, EU Sprint, AP Sprint),
where you have to change frequency every other QSO.

Also, if you are operating SO2V (CQ on one VFO, S&P on Sub-VFO, dual receive
mode) in a "normal" (non-Sprint) contest, having a macro that you can
program to Swap VFO's so you can quickly call a mult, then Swap again and
call CQ would be much more convenient than trying to coordinate pressing the
[A/B] button on the radio and then [F4] and then [A/B] on the radio and then
[F1] again on the keyboard in the right order and with the right timing.

I was hoping there would be a new option to make [Ctrl-S] swap VFOs instead
of swapping radios.  I don't think many people use "Swap Radios" much, but I
could be wrong.  If you accidentally press [Ctrl-S], bad things can happen
if your station is not capable of putting any rig and amp on any band
automatically and instantly.

N1MM software seems to have first added a SwapVFO feature in Version 7.9.4
(September 16, 2007) via Alt-F10.