[WT-support] RTTY "and NOW"

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Feb 20 19:56:00 CET 2009

2009/2/20 Ron Castro <ronc at sonic.net>

>  How about left-click on the first station, then right-click on the 'next'
> station.  Instead of the normal F-key you use for "TU QRZ...", you use
> Alt-and the same F-key to trigger "TU...NOW PY4XLZ 599 315"

Right-clicking is reserved for bringing up the "context menu" (pop-menu) for
most windows, so is therefore unavailable.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Iain MacDonnell - N6ML <ar at dseven.org>wrote:

>  $PREVCALL TU NW $LOGGEDCALL $GUESSEXCH $F2

Perhaps the Intelligent Quick QSL feature of Win-Test is the right place to
add this feature.

   1. In the MSGS window, [+] key:  $QQSLC $CR
   2. In the Quick QSL Window
      1. RTTY short QSL:  $LOGGEDCALL TU NOW $INSERT
      2. RTTY long QSL:  $LOGGEDCALL TU DE $MYCALL $MYCALL

Since $INSERT is supposed to simulate pressing the [Insert] key, it should
grab the next call in the window (it probably doesn't work right today, but
maybe this can be fixed).  I have not tried it yet.  Maybe you'll need to
put the "$CR" after "$LOGGEDCALL".

Finally, Win-Test needs to always send the "short QSL" message whenever a
second unworked callsign is "stacked", regardless of the QSO count or timer.

To preserve the current function, maybe there needs to be three quick QSL
messages instead of only two:

   1. Short QSL:  $LOGGEDCALL TU
   2. Stacked QSL:  $LOGGEDCALL TU NOW $INSERT  (or $LOGGEDCALL $CR TU NOW
   $INSERT ? )
   3. Long QSL:  $LOGGEDCALL TU DE $MYCALL $MYCALL QRZ