[WT-support] default.dta file

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Aug 19 01:47:35 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Clive Whelan
<clive.whelan at btinternet.com>wrote:

> No , in fact there is a finite delay of perhaps 300mS after the callsign
> has been entered before the name pops up

When using an 8,000-line, 315 KB .XDT file, I detect no such delay on a 2
GHz Pentium running Windows XP.  Did you say your .XDT file has only 500
lines?

Fom the doc:
   "This function is designed to work with no more than a few thousand
callsigns only. Don't try it with millions of lines or a Callbook file! "

Make sure your .XDT file isn't filled with trailing blanks, that there is
one callsign per line, that there are no duplicate callsigns, and that it is
sorted by callsign (I don't know if the latter is required, maybe it helps),
and that each line ends with CR/LF instead of just CR or just LF.