[WT-support] QSO numbers again

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Aug 4 12:27:42 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 3:02 AM, Eugene Kuznetsov <mail at astrojohn.ru> wrote:

> Such operation in contests with serial numbers is infernal torment;)

:-)

Yes, and that is why the contest sponsors should be asked to adopt the WPX
solution, if they support multi-single and there is a serial number.

>From the WPX Rules FAQ <http://www.cqwpx.com/rules_faq.htm>:

Can I use different serial numbers on each band?

Single operators must begin with serial number 001 and continue in sequence
for all QSOs regardless of band.

Multi-op stations must begin with serial number 001 on each band.

The rules printed in the magazine are not clear about multi-single. For
2009, multi-single stations may use serial numbers per band or across all
bands. The Cabrillo log file MUST show the actual serial number sent to the
other station.

When using separate serial numbers per band, "reservation" becomes
unnecessary.
Serial number "reservation" would actually make it easier to compete with an
"Octopus" (multiple ops on the run band) in a category like multi-single,
which in my view should *not *be encouraged (that's why we have the
10-minute rule after all, to discourage The Octopus).

See what the author of Writelog wrote over 11 years ago on this very subject
(and on "software lockout"):

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/1998-01/msg00330.html

73,Bob, N6TV