[WT-support] WPX S/N bug

Tõnno Vähk Tonno.Vahk at gildbankers.com
Thu Apr 16 22:58:56 CEST 2009

We do it by just giving the next number and waiting for the run station to enter QSO and enter yours then. $NEXTSERIAL command was created for that also and works great. Also when the 2nd station has eye contact to RUN station monitor and he sees the callsign line empty he can give current number and just enter the QSO reserving the number by doing that immediately. You can always go and correct the number sent or callsign after that.

It is not 100% neat way but I also find it might be confusing to have number blocked. How and when? There cannot be one single and simple rule. It cannot be based on writing sth on the callsign field so it can only be based on sending your call (S&P) or then Exchange (RUN) but sending call will not necessarily result in QSO?! Also in SSB when MIC is used there is no way to reserve at all. So why just not enter something if you want to reserve if a manual action is necessary anyhow?

I have thought about this and have not found a better way to handle this as it is now. Just needs some skills and attention from operator and that is sth I want any ops at my station to have for granted anyway.

Btw, I heard that in new versions Partner window might display the callsign field of the RUN radio??? Have not checked this but that would be awesome and make the life of S&P op MUCH easier.

73
Tonno
Es5tv