[WT-support] Parallel-Port question WT & TS 850

Ulf, DL5AXX dl5axx at ehrlich-family.de
Mon Nov 10 08:35:31 CET 2008

Hello Lenz,

I think the problem is that the old computer and the
notebook are working on different voltage levels.
The old computer has 5 volts, where you also can get some
current, while the notebook should have only 3.3 volts with
much less current avaliable. So maybe you can check the
LCU-interface, if you can lower a resistor which drives the
optocoupler.

I know this problem from some experiments I made with
homemade interfaces...

73 Ulf, DL5AXX

Wilson, N6TV
> Gesendet: Montag, 10. November 2008 02:00
> An: support at win-test.com
> Betreff: Re: [WT-support] Parallel-Port question WT & TS
850

> On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Lorenz Grassl
> <lenz at lenz-grassl.de> wrote:
>

> 	- with the VOX-switch set to "manual" WT keys the
PTT
> (ON AIR is lit)
> 	but no HF is transmitted. The display still shows
"S"
> instead of "PWR"
> 	while I can hear the sidetone from the TS850.
>

> I don't understand -- the CW sidetone indicates Win-test
> starts immediately, but zero power output?  It is as if
PTT
> is not pressed?  Does your LCU-KEY (?) use Pin 16 and
ground
> for PTT to the radio?
>

> 	- with the VOX-switch set to "VOX" PTT is keyed,
> Display still shows "S"
> 	instead of "PWR"
> 	- after the TX-delay the sidetone comes up and the
> display shows "PWR",
> 	HF is transmitted.
>

> TX-delay?  You mean CW PTT ON delay as shown in the
> attachment?  What is the value?
>
> I don't think this applies here, but some laptops
(especially
> IBM / Lenovo ThinkPad) use a different printer port
address
> than most desktops.  See this link
> <http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Printer_Ports>

> for instructions how to determine the address being used
by