[WT-support] Numbering Problem

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Nov 3 16:56:57 CET 2008

Hi

K5RC a écrit :

> Later in the SS contest, when both stations of our multiop were
> searching and pouncing, we would sometimes place a call sign in the log
> waiting for the other to finish a QSO. Unfortunately, WT would increment
> the number after the exchange was sent and the Enter key was pressed. We
> had to catch stations and give them a corrected number after the fact.
> Is this a bug or a feature?

A feature ;-)

Actually, WT doesn't handle any number reservation etc. of some sort
(which would require a central server, and even it that case, it is not
100% safe, in case of cancellation etc.). And it cannot "understand"
that you were waiting (with a callsign in the field). You could be in a
middle of a Q... Anyway, it sometimes happens and the op has to be
focused in such cases. Some contest organizers mostly solved this kind
of issues by allowing one numbering per band. Finally, note you can
manually modify the serial you sent once entered, if needed.

73

Larry - F6FVY