[WT-support] WinTest/Other Progs

Peter Bowyer peter at bowyer.org
Wed May 7 16:55:09 CEST 2008

On 07/05/2008, Tom Taormina <tom at k5rc.cc> wrote:
> Points taken, however, if it is such a professionally controlled product;
> - Why do I regularly have to start the program two or three times because I
> get a windows error message?
> - Why do I have to restart the program several times during a contest
> because it loses control of the MicroHam MKIIR?
> - Why did the Statistics screen suddenly start flying off the display screen
> never to be seen again?
> - Why is or was the WinKey speed control issue unresolved for so long (I
> just got a new chip from WinKey that I have not tried yet)?

All software has defects.... as long as you've reported these, they'll
be in the queue for fixing.

> We are a terribly fickle lot as customers, however, we did pay for the
> product and expect the manufacturer to respond to the program problems
> promptly and to provide a contest module solution

Well, if you can point to the part of the pre-sales information you
read, or the evaluation version you downloaded,  that told you to
expect a contest module solution, then you've got a point. If you
merely assumed that one would be available, then you don't. Sorry!

> or tell us they have no
> intention of expanding the contest base or allowing us to modify the contest
> modules.

Well, Larry will have to answer that. The contest base is reguarly
expanded. I merely expressed my appreciation for the stance they have
taken to date, I wouldn't like to guess what their future poilcy might
be. I know what I *hope* it is, though....

Peter G4MJS

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter at bowyer.org
Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/peeebeee