[WT-support] Stopping a station from sending

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Wed Nov 28 12:28:51 CET 2007

Is there a "stop transmit message" or better yet "delay or
wait transmit message" function available?

I have a two radio Multioperator single transmitter or SO2R
setup.

I have a very fast (1 ms) homemade FIFO interlock that only
allows one transmitter on at a time.

I have separate receive antennas or the radios are on
separate bands so the non-transmitting radio can receive
while the other radio transmits.

The problem I have is if a radio is sending and drops the
KEY line and the other radio is calling for the antenna the
FIFO box will shut down the CW keying line to the radio.
This means any data being sent by the computer is lost. The
computer still thinks it is sending put the key line has
been pulled externally by my FIFO box.

What would be ideal would be for the computer to have an
interrupt that makes the CW (or voice keyer) wait until the
second radio breaks the key line. Then the first one would
pause and resume on the next drop of the second radio.

It seems it would be very easy to watch a pin for a
interrupt and simply hold the message until that pin
restored to the original state.

This would be a big asset to SO2R or MS operation with a
legal interlock.

73 Tom W8JI