[WT-support] Log synchronization

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sat Nov 3 19:36:28 CET 2007

BA7NQ Terry wrotte:
> Hi,
>
> I just used WT for CQWW SSB for B7P M/M operation, we have six compuer for
> six band station, each station have network connection.
>
> After contest, I found the summary of each log have some difference. Such as
> 20m, the 20m computer show have 1113 QSO 36 ZONE 111 DXCC, but in 10m
> computer, it show the 20m only 1111 QSO 36 ZONE 110 DXCC. The same problem
> in each computer to get a final log. How can I fix this problem?

Bob N6TV already pointed you out to the "merge" part of the manual.

The QSO numbers can be a bit different because the synchronization
algorithm does not care about what is logged in a QSO.

Imagine the following situation:

10m/RUN log and validate F4MZN. This QSO is distributed to the other
stations of the LAN.

Then, the operator realize that the callsign is indeed F5MZN. The op
modifies the logged call to F5MZN and validate. If, for some reason,
some stations don't receive that modification through the network, those
stations will claim to have one Q more than the other.

For this reason, it is still necessary to merge the logs after the
contest, in order to detect "potential conflicts" between the logs.
During the merge process, WT will detect such conflicts between the logs.

Hope this clarifies a bit.

73,
--
Olivier / f5mzn