[WT-support] Problem with zone guessing in 3.16

Tim Duffy K3LR k3lr at k3lr.com
Thu Nov 1 14:12:44 CET 2007

Hello Jacques!

No need to wait for the CW contest to fix this!
As Dave, W9ZRX posted here 3 days ago, he has the fix to this issue of the
wrong zones being "guessed":

We had the same sort of problem initially at K3LR.  I had updated the
CTY_WT_MOD.DAT file and figured that just restarting Win-Test would cause it
to use the new file.  However our Win-Test was "guessing" all VE3's as Zone
5.    I found that it was necessary to force a RELOAD of the CTY File.  To
do this I selected a different CTY file, and clicked on OK without checking
"RELOAD".  Then I selected the original CTY file, which then brought up the
RELOAD WIN-TEST checkbox.  After the RELOAD, Win-Test properly scored the
VE3's.

Dave's fix took 15 seconds to do during the contest and all zones were
guessed correctly without any problems what-so-ever.

WinTest worked GREAT in CQWW!

My sincere thanks to Dave, W9ZRX who seems to fix everything at K3LR very
quick and to Olivier and Larry for a super WinTest logging program!

Looking forward to the CW contest!

73!
Tim K3LR