[WT-support] WT under W2K

Nick Lekic ve3ey at rogers.com
Mon Mar 26 19:01:45 CEST 2007

Hi Larry et all

>1/ Before the computer restarted (1st paragraph), was the "Sticky
>setting" enabled or not ?

Paul has already provided answer to this one.  The "Sticky setting" was not originally
enabled.   After the problem was observed, however, enabling "Sticky Setting" would
not enforce the R1/R2 designator after restarting Win-Test.
 In other words - it had no effect at this point.

>2/ When you restarted this computer, you say you were "R2". Had you
>entered a QSO on the band you restarted on, at that time, as R2 ? I have
>an idea but I have to dig... ;-)

If I understand your question correctly,  the offending radio continued
to operate on the same band it was on before, after the radio designator got changed.

Before the problem:
R1 was logging on 20m
R2 was logging on 40m

Win-Test then got restarted.  Radio bearing R2 designator is now renamed R1:
R1 remains on 20m
R1 (originally R2) remains on 40m

I wonder if it would be possible to implement some sort of control
for M/2 setups to warn the operators if computers on the network
have been found to have the same radio designator?

 73, Nick
ve3ey