[WT-support] VK9DNX / Win-Test in DXpedition Mode

Christian Janssen cjanssen at bndlg.de
Thu Mar 15 06:00:53 CET 2007

Hi Larry,

thanks for the reply.

>> 2. Log synchronisation: Worked, but changes are only synchronized on
>> computers which are in the netwerk when the change happens.
>
> It is a known limitation, and that is also why the "merge" function is
> still useful in such cases.

When merging the logs I am getting an error log *.merge. In one part of
the logs there is the wrong callsign, in other logs there is the correct
callsign so you have to decide afterwards which one to take.

>> 10. Show the dupes also in DXpedition-Mode. Maybe switchable (with
>> Dupes/without Dupes).
>
> Noted. Even if it adds one more option ;-)  ("There are too many
> options" - Quote from "Love profusion" lyrics - (C) Madonna)

OK, maybe not switchable, but showing the dupes every time.

>> 11. Scenario: Working in CW (without a paddle). You get a suffix out of
>> the pile-up. You have a look at the Check-Partial and see the callsign.
>> You add the rest of the callsign. You want to start to send, but the
>> station sends again its callsign. So you loose time. Better: Grabbing
>> the callsign with a mouse-click (like in RTTY).
>
> Mmmhhh... It was supposed to work (Dbl-click) ? I will re-check that. A
> simple click can't be used because it is the way you select a window to
> bring it to the front.

OK, it works, why didn't we used that... :-)

>> 12. A small info field according the band with information about band
>> edges and NCDXF beacon frequencies.
>
> You may use the .xdt files perhaps, with virtual callsigns 'BANDEDGES' ?
> Noted.

Will try.

>> 13. Is there a way to go to the menu bar with the keyboard?
>
> No, but most of the usual commands have shortcuts. And we are lacking
> free keys ;-)

OK. What about a second keyboard? :-))

>> 15. With 8 operators there is a wish for user profiles for each
>> operator. These profiles contain things like
>> - language of WT
>> - positions of the windows
>> - sepearate texts for CW, RTTY, low bands, high bands
>> The profiles should be available on each computer in the WT network.
>
> In our mind since a long time. Requires a major development...

We are looking forward to this feature.

Vy 73s de Chris DL1MGB