[WT-support] WT and the 10-minutes-rule

Bob I.2.WIJ i2wij at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 14:49:55 CET 2007

Hi Rudy,
I'll try to give you some answers,but I have also
some questions for you.

This is your sample log
1            20    00.00   UA9A    C   O    10:00
   nothing
2            20    00.01   UA3A    C   O      9:00
    nothing
3            20    00.02    DL1A    C           8:00
      nothing
4            20    00.03    I3A       C           7:00
        nothing
5            20    00.04    EA8A   C           6:00
     nothing
6            20    00.05    RV1Z         O     5:00
     nothing
7            20    00.06    DL1B                 4:00
       4.00
8            20    00.07    UA3C                 3:00
      3.00
9            15    00.08    UA9A   C    O    10:00
   nothing
10           15    00.09    DL1C   C            9:00
     nothing
11           15    00.10    OZ1A   C            8:00
     nothing
12           15    00.11    DL1D                  ////
         FAULT
I only spent 7 minutes on 20m instead of the required
min 10 minutes; QSO does not count for me!
13           20    00:12    I3B
10:00       2.00 minutes

Up to qso #11 all is OK.
Then I have the first question for you.
Did you use 1 or 2 computers?
And if you used 1, did you set/swicth your WT to
RUN/MULT appropriately?

Now qso #12.
CASE A)
If the 15 is your Mult band, so if 20 is still
your RUN band, then that QSO is WRONG, since it is NOT
a multiplier, and WT will tell you, providing
you told WT that you now are MULT!!!

CASE B)
Now 15 is your RUN band, and if you told it to WT
then all is OK, and qso is OK, because you already
spent 10 min on 20, so you can make 15 your RUN band.

Thsi make your comment below wrong in all cases.

Now QSO #13.
If it was a Mult on 20M everything should have been
OK.
The only problem is that you should tell WT that
now 20 is the MULT band, and WT would tell you the
QSO is wrong.
But again, if 20 is still your RUN band, then QSO is
still good and the previous qso on 15 was wrong,
because of the non-Mult case.

If now 20 is your MULT band instead, the the counter
must be restarted (as it was).
But of course your qso is wrong because
of the non-Mult case.

I think the main confusion is due to the fact
that I do not believe you told WT the truth! :-).

Moreover you can also use the Check-log
functionalities and carefully look at waht you
are doing.

In my humble opinion, I think WT manages the
10 min rule correctly, as far as CQWW is concerned.

Then your following band changes, in the sample log
you proposed, should be treated accordingly
to what I said before.

So the bottom line is: tell WT what you intend to do
and let WT help you managing contacts.

Take care and vy 73,

Bob, I2WIJ