[WT-support] LPT port driving band-decoder

Chris Tran zl1ct at gm7v.com
Wed Mar 7 21:05:44 CET 2007

Hello all

I'm trying to use WT to control a Top Ten band decoder which is connected to
Dunestar Model 600 BPFs.  The set-up works fine with manual control of the
filters, but not when I switch to 'Auto'.  I'm using a separate serial cable
to read the frequency of the 1000MP via COM2 which works well with WT.

The (older) Top Ten band decoder has only a parallel input and a parallel
o/p, which is connected to the Dunestar.  I think the problem possibly lies
with the wiring of the parallel cable between the PC LPT port and the Top
Ten band decoder - it is a 25-pin DIN cable which I made up - looking inside
the band decoder only pins 1,2,7,8,9,12,17 and 25 are connected, so these
are the only pins I have wired in the parallel cable.

Anyone else using a similar set-up ?  Thanks in advance for any help.

73
Chris   GM3WOJ