[WT-support] WAE CW: QTCs/SO2R issue

Matt IZ3EYZ iz3eyz at virgilio.it
Tue Jul 24 19:23:15 CEST 2007

Hi Olivier and Larry.

Just 2 questions for the upcoming WAE CW:

1) Actually the RX QTC window (alt-L) is call sensitive just if the callsign
is typed into main radio window. This is what happens:

RADIO A 20mt 14.025
RADIO B 40mt 7.007

Now if I ask/get qtcs from a station on the 1st radio callsign goes right
into QTC window and the related QRG is ok on the cabrillo output file.

If I want to get some QTCs from 2nd radio (let's suppose dual cqing or
S&Ping scenario-happens most of the time in WAE) I type in the callsign into
secondary radio window. WT in this case is NOT sensitive to what happens
into the 2nd radio window. Yes, I know I can manually change the callsign
into QTC window but the next problem is that when you generate the cabrillo
file all received QTCs on the 2nd radio are printed on the 1st radio QRG
(according to the above example 2nd radio on 40mt, all QTCs will be shown as
RXed on 20mt).

This is what I ask for: is it possible to have WT sensitive according to the
RADIO FOCUS in order to get the 2nd radio QTCs logged into the right band??

The only option actually is to keep track on paper about the right band and
type in the right QRG after the contest :-)

You can't even watch to the 2nd radio qso to understand the band the 2nd
radio QTCs were taken cos it often happens you may recall later a DUPE
station on the 2nd radio to get qtcs. That way you simply log QTCs or
additional ones without logging the dupe qso which is not needed. That
happens vy often in WAE.

2) Just a minor issue. Is there a way to redifine messages into Alt-L (QTC
window)?? Is there a way to assign a short cut key to "Validate" (lack of it
actually) into Alt-L window??

I generally like to cfm the RXed grp with paddle thus I would like to have a
quick key for "Validate button" without sending anything. Last year I found
people were a bit "surprised" about a "TU "(+ aka tu and valid button) and
kept asking if it was ok or kept sending the last QTC :-)

F9 or F10 button sounds a bit much and most of people don't even know what
grp is (sad but true). I generally found "CFM 73" is quite enough to get
that done :-)

That's it.

Thanks in adv.

73