[WT-support] IARU quirks with 3.11

Sinisa Hristov shristov at ptt.yu
Tue Jul 17 15:09:29 CEST 2007

Steve London wrote:

> The suggestions in the Human Engineering textbooks are fine when you are
> designing a system that is intended to be used by a large number of people, and
> minimizing the training time is important. However, if your goal is to maximize
> performance for the expert user, having one function per key may not be optimal.

> Hence, the (repeated) request for Enter-sends-message capability in Win-Test.

Hi Steve,

could you suggest an approximate limit on the number
of different functions to be performed by the ENTER key?

Even better, could you try to enumerate them?

I was frightened to death after finding out
that in N1MM the operation of the ENTER key
is described by a table with over twenty rows
and, IIRC, 5 columns.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VE3EA