[WT-support] Some Questions abt MK2R

Toni Lindén oh2ua at oh2u.com
Sun Feb 18 19:17:27 CET 2007

Hi all!

I have some questions about setting up MK2R+ SO2R device.

In WT 3.8.0 release it says that MK2R now fully supports Advanced SO2R.
This should work when one selects virtual COM port from SO2R tab
for microHam SO2R protocol on com port.

1) Do I still need to select other virtual COM ports for controlling radios and
WinKey? It seems to me that I do have to make it so because I´m unable
to make Cat and WK working without selecting own COM´s to all of those.
With EZmaster it goes with one COM port...

2) What else do I have to do to make it work as it should? I can´t get audio
control working as it should. Always when MK2R is in auto mode and trying to
change the audio so that I´m listening only main radio, leds of MK2R indicates
that I´m actually listening main radio on left ear and sub radio A+B channels on
right ear (and that´s what I hear also). I can get audioswiching
working somehow
if I select from router´s SO2R tab mode A = use classic audio mode and
then select mode A from MK2R. What´s the correct way to make it work?

3) I can´t select latch mode from WT SO2R selection. Why´s that? It worked
OK in earlier versions of WT... I can see the selection but can not select it
because latch is shown as grey. Also I´m unable to select my own monitor with
ALTGR + A while TX´ing. (Sometimes I do want to chek that my TX audio is
sounding OK from radios monitor).

4) There´s a huge delay in CW, both start sending and quiting with ESC.
The delay is something like 500 - 800ms and makes it impossible to have any
Q´s with current setup. I´ve shut down anti-virus and all other programs that
can be turned off from task manager. Still no help with delay. If I
test the WinKey
form Router, it works OK without any delay.

5) I´d really really much appreciate a simple step by step instrtuctions for
setting up MK2R with WT. I know that there´s one on microHam´s web page,
but it seems to me that I need some more help with this one ;)

73 de Toni, OH2UA