[WT-support] Elecraft K3, Win-Test & communications problems

Toby Deinhardt dj7mgq at muenchen-mail.de
Sun Dec 16 00:11:26 CET 2007

I Just realized that one thing might not be 100% clear. The results
below were obtained on a Apple MacBook Pro running Windows and not
MacOS. Boot Camp enables Windows to run as a "native" OS on Apple
Macintosh Intel hardware.

Win-Test is of course a Windows application.

vy 73 de toby

Toby Deinhardt wrote:

after doing some more testing, I now feel that the driver delivered
along with the KUSB interface is buggy and needs to be updated.

Before testing the "new" Prolific driver, I tried updating my MacBook
Pro to Leopard (newest version of MacOs incl. Boot Camp update) which
did not improve things. After the installation of a "new" driver, the
communications problem *appears* to have been solved - knock on wood. A
2.5 hour test using the Generic-Windows-wd_pl2303h-hx-x_v20019v2021
driver from Prolific did not turn up any communication errors between
the K3 and Win-Test. Because the errors with the old driver were very
sporadic, I can not be sure yet, if this really is the solution.

--
DD5FZ (ex 4n6fz, dj7mgq, dg5mgq, dd5fz)
K2/10  #885