[WT-support] KC1XX turns down win-test

Bob Raymond, WA1Z bob at wa1z.net
Mon Dec 10 12:45:41 CET 2007

Hi Werner,

> Why not use Ctrl-Up/Down?
> ok, the major backdraw in using Ctrl-Up/Ctrl-Down is that with
> Ctrl-Up/Down you must switch through all spots, so you cannot keep
> listening to your run frequency.

Yes, having the ability to keep the radio on the current frequency (such as
your run frequency) while scrolling through either list is what we're
looking for.  Run frequencies are hard to hold and our operators are trained
to do quick QSYs over to spots to gauge the level of "mayhem" in the
pileups, perhaps work the spotted station, and get back to their run
frequency quickly.

We tend to run smaller operator crews at KC1XX than other M/Ms.  The 160,
80, 15 (sometimes) and 10 Meter stations are usually manned by one operator
at a time.  The operator has to split time between running and checking
spots that come through, much like single-op assisted.

> Olivier, could it be implemented like this:
> Cntrl-Right/Alt-Right: set "semi focus" into the "BandMap" (if set to
> "list")
> and "Dx Spots"?
> Now let me explain what I mean with "semi focus":
> 1) the bandmap/spot window should change color - so that it is clear
>   which window has focus
> 2) all keys but "cursor up/down, page up/down, enter" return focus
>   back to the normal qso edit line.

I like the your #2 suggestion, except for the enter key.  I'd like to be
able to scroll to a spot in one of the windows, hit the enter key (which
does the QSY), and have the callsign populated in the re-focused QSO edit
line.

I believe CT only responds to the Escape key to "cancel-out" of the windows
and get focus back to its QSO edit line.  I like the idea of being able to
get focus back to the edit line by typing other keys.

And yes, regarding the Band Map, we were looking for the ability to scroll
the Band Map when it's in "List" mode.

> there is no better place in the net :)

Agreed!

73,