[WT-support] Newbie question about Sequential Serials

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Tue Aug 14 14:51:31 CEST 2007

> When one station did send a report and the other station did save a qso, then the
> sequential serial was counted up on the station that already sent out the report.
>
> It seems that Wintest does not lock the sequential serial after it was sent out?
>
> In my view this is a bug, because it leads to several wrong sequentials sent in my log.
> But I found the problem reported in the WT-Wiki (Multi-OP/Issues/Sequential serials)
> There it is reported as a known problem and there is a possibility given how to solve it;
> but that should only be a problem solve for one contest, please not forever .....

that workaround (<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Multi-op/Issues/Sequential_serials>)
seems to me quite odd, at least it would be better if win-test would at least
NEVER change the SN if already sent out. Ok, this would lead to some Serials
logged twice, but hey, the important thing is that the other station loggs
the same QSO-NR as we do.

I see that it is difficult to have a correct sequential serial without a
designated "number master", but I guess double serials would be better than
the behaviour by now.

maybe it would be possible to automatic update the number only if the
callsign-filed is empty? This would include
- pressing ALT-W (to clear all fields) --> possible new number
- logging a QSO --> next QSO: new number
but it would hold the number as long as there is something in the
CALL field.

IIRC this is the behaviour of writelog, and so you might have a QSO number
sent out twice, (mult + run). I don't think this is a problem.

73's de Werner DL4NER
--
Dipl.-Ing. Univ. Werner Maier
http://www.maiers.de/