[WT-support] WT, MK2R and the SWAP command

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Tue Aug 14 10:38:03 CEST 2007

Jim,

Here is my observations/comments:

MM0BQI wrotte on Aug 8, 2007:
> SWAP function.  Intermittent and unpredictable results with frequency
> display.  Most often happens after using the 'SWAP' command for the first
> time. Thereafter VFOs A and B swap okay 19 times out of 20.
> example same mode
> Radio1(MP) VFOA 28500  Radio2(IC) VFOA 3780
> SWAP
> Radio1 3500 radio2 28500
> SWAP
> radio1 28500 radio2 3500

I am unable to repeat this using version 3.15.0. I did not try with
older versions.

> (During the swap process the Icom displays VFOB very briefly before
> displaying VFOA)

As I told in my previous reply, some commands are sent to the Icom for
programming its VFO B. I have considered this again because it is indeed
not possible to know for certain what is the frequency of the VFO B of
an Icom rig. In other words: if you have two Radios, say one Icom and
one FT1000MP: you can program the VFO-B of the Icom from the FT1000MP
one but not the opposite. This can make a lot of confusions. That's why
I have decided to give over VFO-B programming as soon as at least one of
the radio is an Icom.

> example different modes radio1 cw  radio2 ssb
> Radio1 (MP) 3520 CW Radio2 (IC) 28500 USB
> SWAP
> Radio1 28500 CW Radio2 3520 LSB
> SWAP
> Radio1 3520 LSB Radio2 28500 CW
> SWAP
> Radio1 28500 USB Radio2 3520 CW

I confirm that mode changes were totally messed. Fixed in my devel trunk
(please try the next nightly snapshot, which will be available from
0400z tonight).

> 1.  WT loses all configuration data.  All the ports are cleared and
> interface info has to be re-entered.

No way to repeat, expect when lauching two WT instances at once.
Lauching two instances of WT at once is possible, but you need to have
both installed in separate directories in order to get them having their
own WT.INI. Of course, the same port cannot be opened twice.

> 2.  Icom loses comms with WT.  Frequency and mode are okay in 'Router'
> window and change with radio dial or mode button.  The bandmap in WT is
> frozen and does not show any change.

Despite many many hours of testing, I never had a "chance" to get any
communication failed. My Icom radio is connected through an MK2R. CI-V
Transceive Mode is activated in both Win-Test and the Radio.

I have tried with the "Disable router queries" (microKeyer 2R settings)
option either checked and unchecked. No problem.

I have also tried with CI-V Transceive mode disabled. My radio is
scanning up the entire HF band for hours and it is still working perfectly.

HTH

73,
--
Olivier / f5mzn