[WT-support] Broken TRX-Control in 3.15

Franta Bendl dj0zy at i--i.de
Mon Aug 13 07:17:42 CEST 2007

Hi,

during the WAE-Contest I had an annoying trouble. A couple of minutes after
contest beginn the connection between Wintest and the TRX was broken. There
was not possible to control the TRX from Wintest  and also the QRG-Pointer in
the Band Map was not updated anymore. The only way to repair it was to close
Wintest and start it again. Unfortunately after few minutes I had the same
problem again :-(

After ten times closing and restarting of the Wintest I decided to install any
older release of Wintest. With the 3.13 I had no problem in the next two
days!

The configuration:

TRX: Orion I
Serial Interface: COM5 (virtual) using USB/serial-convertor with default
parmeters for Tentec Orion set
Loss of the control: After 5 to 30 minutes

Interesting is also that the problem is probably not  depending on any
keystrokes - I believe I watched the situation when I was only tuning without
any action in Wintest and just in this moment the update of the QRG in Band
Map is frozen.
Yes, I can confirm this now. I uploaded the 3.15 again, started Wintest and
indeed after about 30 minutes the connection to TRX is broken without any
action from my site (except some DX-Spots arrived) - I can reproduce the
problem if you need some further investigations.

BTW, to put off and put in of the USB-connector doesn't help either.

Other small issues:

- the ESC does not break the sending out of the string initiated by F1 to F10
from QTC-Window. It means if you hit by mistake F9 (QSL gr/nr) instead of F8
(AGN) you can't stop it and you must wait until the full string was sent
out - embarrassing.

- wrong Objective-Statistic:
1. before contest you load an objective file
2. during the contest you start wintest and you open the Statistic-Window and
you click to Objective-Folder
3. You quit Wintest and you start it again (I made enough experience with
it ;-) )
4. after opening of Statistic-Window again the Objectives will be shown but
with wrong data!
5. But you only need to click to Log-Folder and then back to
Statistic-Folder and the correct data are shown.

73 de Franta/DJ0ZY