[WT-support] QTC-timing problem in WAE-Contest

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun Aug 12 16:28:50 CEST 2007

Rudolf Schwenger wrote:
> Don't know, whom to address on this one:
>
> When taking QTCs from the DX-stn you want to press the ENTER Key after
> each QTC received in oder to tell the DX-stn that the QTC just sent was
> copied alright.
>
> Whenever I press the ENTER-KEY in QTC-traffic I encounter a delay of abt
> 500 msec, which is absolutely terrible and deprives me from copying the
> first two digits of the QTR (time of QSO) of the next QTC at speeds of
> abt 30 wpm.

I cannot repeat here. I can see a short delay before sending the "R",
but not as long as 500 ms.

If you look at the "WK Echo" in "USB Device Router", you will see that a
parasitic space is sent before each "R". This is actually due to the
space character between the "$NEXT" variable and the "R" letter in the
CW message of the <Enter> key for the "QTC Receive" window.

Unfortunately, you cannot remove that space. A workaround is to invert
the R and the $NEXT variable:

Menu "Options | CW | Modify Standard WAE Messages",
Tab "Receive Messages",
CR is by default: "$NEXT R"
Modify it to: "R$NEXT"

That way all parasitic spaces are gone. The disavantage is that if you
have a wrong field, WT won't check it before sending the "R" to the
other station.

HTH,

73,
--