[WT-support] WT & MK2R+ router crash and DVK not working...

Toni Lindén oh2ua at oh2u.com
Sun Aug 5 03:17:57 CEST 2007

Some notes after EUHFC about WT and MK2R+

1) I was going to operate in mixed mode and everything was set up.
MK2R+ was working OK with WT on both modes. About 30min
before the contest things started to freeze... DVK of the MK2R+
stoped working. From router I could play messages and I saw
from Mic level meter that message was played and PTT was on,
but no TX audio were sent to radio. I didn´t change anything, it just
stopped working. With footswich SSB was working OK, so the problems
was DVK.

And at the same time WT began to crash. When I was
trying to get SSB messages working, I tried to play messages from
WT and from router. My computer freezed and all I could do was "swedish boot",
power off and on again from main switch. And this happened every time I
tried to play SSB messages.

I tried to change some setting from router and saved it
again with new name but no result. Uninstalled router and installed it again
tried older version of WT, loaded firmware to MK2R+ again etc with no results.

There were no other programs running and antivirus was disabled.
WT versions 3.14, 3.13 and 3.15-dev, router version 4.0.10 and
latest MK2R+ firmware.

After 5 - 6 restarts of the computer I had to give up and
start the contest late and only in CW mode :(

After the contest I desided to give one more try. 1st with same result.
Message was played, PTT was on, TX was on, but no TX audio. Footswich
was working and with FS TX audio was OK.

And then it began to work. Just like that. And now it´s working with all
different saved presets (so it wasn´t and router or WT setup issue)!

I feel this is a very serious problem!

2) With MK2R+ and WT audio swiching behavies in weird way in some cases.
Exspesially if there´s $CR variable in SO2R scenario, the audio is 1st swiched
to some other position than what it should be. Audio goes to right
configuration,
but only after fast missconnection (maybe about 50 - 100ms). It doesn´t sound
that nice to have relays swiching all the time. It makes the same
thing also with
other messages, but not that often than what it makes if there´s $CR.
I have a short
video clip of this one were one can see from MK2R+ leds that audio is not
going directly to the position where it should go, but instead other leds are
blinking at the moment of swiching.

Sorry about long post and bad english, it´s 4 AM local and contest
ended just and
hour ago.

73 de Toni, OH2UA