[WT-support] Postcontest Mode?

Jeffrey Embry jeffrey.embry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 15:28:04 CEST 2007

Dave,

I like your idea of training contesters...goodness knows that we need
new blood in the hobby in general and it is always nice to run into
new contesters.  A couple of things that I did whilst checking out
WinTest before making the decision to buy it was this.  I think that
writing down on paper might be a step that you would want to skip,
unless you just want to show the basics...and moving on directly to
the computer.  For CW, I ran MorseRunner while making a recording for
playback to play with WinTest.  That worked well for CW.   For phone I
experimented during the ARRL DX Contest and set up on W3LPL's
frequency and attempted to copy what his station was doing...not
always possible with my attic antennae...but close enough for testing.

Since I was did not compete in the contest due to time constraints
there was no pressure and I got the information I needed to make a
decision to buy the application.

I have used it for WPX and a couple of Sprints since and like the
application very much.  I would love to see the QRP ARCI
sprints/contests added.  That would cover all my needs with one
logging application.

73 and GL

--
Jeff Embry, K3OQ
FM19je

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however a large