[WT-support] Config question: Two Ops, One Radio.

John Warburton G4IRN qrz at dxdx.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 11:02:32 CEST 2007

Hi

This is something that has been bugging me for ages, not only with Win-Test but other contest logging programs too. Its a configuration that I want to try for Field Day this year.

The scenario is this: I want to use a dual-receive transceiver (e.g. Ft1000, Ft2000) with two operators - one the 'Run' Op on VFO A, the other the 'Mult' hunter on VFO B.
Each operator will have a networked laptop running Win-test - the transceiver's CAT interface will connect to Laptop A (Run Op).

I want the Mult-Op (VFOb) to be able to enter spots on the bandmap, so that the Run-Op (VFOa) can click on them, QSY to work them, then return to the Run frequency or wherever.

The problem is that I have not found a way for the Mult-Op's laptop to know what the VFOb frequency is - the frequency does not transfer across the network onto the bandmap as far as I can figure out.

Is my scenario possible in Win-Test? If so, what is the configuration please? If not, is this a configuration (2O1R) that could be considered by the developers? I know its a feature that many people would like.

Thanks. John, G4IRN.