[WT-support] More on ALT-F3

f6fvy at free.fr f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Sep 13 10:46:24 CEST 2006

Hi Dave

Selon Dave Zeph <zephd at indy.rr.com>:

> I find that pressing ALT-F3 with no callsign in the Callsign Field causes a
> Windows "EXCLAMATION" sound to be generated.  I understand that this
> corresponds to an ERROR.
>
> Unfortunately if the XCVR is in VOX, this Sound is transmitted.
>
> Perhaps this only occurs with a totally empty log, but it would seem like
> display of an "Error Message" would be preferable.

Tnx for report.

Indeed, it only occurs when the log is empty (thus all callsign fields are
empty). Actually, if there is no callsign in the log, there is no reason you
still can use the generic Alt-T dialog.

I just fixed it in my dvpt trunk by removing the exclamation sound when the log
is empty.

73

Larry - F6FVY