[WT-support] Re: Demo version

W2RU - Bud Hippisley W2RU at frontiernet.net
Sun Oct 22 23:58:19 CEST 2006

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY wrote:

> - Generated files (Cabrillo, ADIF, REG1TEST, CSV or text) only include
> the first 50 QSO of the log.
>
> You can even take part in a contest with this version...

Well, those two statements don't go together very well.  If I'm going to
take part in a contest where only 50 QSOs can be exported, I would
probably use Logger32 or pencil and paper.  A contest effort of only 50
QSOs doesn't allow one to test much of the software, in my opinion.

> Notes :
>
> you will not be allowed to export more than the first 50 Q of your log.

Same problem.  No way to *really* get in a contest.  Why can't the
"trial" version have full capability for a limited period -- perhaps 30
days -- so a person could truly enter a contest full time?

> 2/ Just for information, as a long-time CT user, I'm curious to know
> how you tested CT at that time, when it was not free ?

Very good question, Larry.  The answer is:
  1.  The initial price was less, and my relative income level was higher.
  2.  It was highly recommended by a world-class contest friend of mine.
  3.  There was nothing else out there at first; now there are *many*
choices, both free and for a fee.

> I can't remember any CT trial version, but I may be wrong.

After the beginning years, I believe, "older" versions were made
available for free.

Bud, W2RU