[WT-support] <INS> and <+> == Twice $LOGGEDCALL

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Nov 21 01:52:28 CET 2006

Hi Pablo

EA4TX - Pablo a écrit :

> Sometimes during a CW Contest, I press <INS> and <+> inmediately, for
> sending the report (i.e. K3LR 5NN 14) and additionaly to finish the contact
> and call again (TU EA4TX). Both keys are pressed just one after the other,
> without a delay.
>
> So the secuence in the AIR should be:
> 	K3LR 5NN 14 TU EA4TX
>
> This secuence is used when in my QRG a station call me and he exchanges the
> report before the mine...
>
> However with Win-Test, the secuence on the AIR sounds like this:
> 	K3LR 5NN 14 K3LR TU EA4TX
>
> So, it sends "twince" the callsign, the second just before the <+> Key (TU
> EA4TX)
>
> Is there something wrong in my configuration, or how can I fix it?
>
> 	<INS> Key = $LOGGEDCALL $GUESSEXCH $F2
> 	<+>   Key = $CORRECT ++TU-- $MYCALL $CR
>
> However if I press <INS> and once it has finish the transmision, I press
> <+>, all works fine. Something as the $CORRECT is the reason the $LOGGEDCALL
> is TX again..... Uhmmmmm.

The $CORRECT string substitution is processed just after the message is
invoked.

It means that if it is invoked *before* the $LOGGEDCALL variable is not
totally keyed (like in your case), the substitution process will only
consider the sent characters of the callsign, instead of the entire
callsign, and the correction process will occur.

The only workaround for this is to wait the entire callsign to be keyed
before using the + key, or manually key the TU + myCallsign , or use
another function key without $CORRECT afer hitting Ins.

As the CW threads are yet pretty (?) complicated, not sure we will
modify it to comply with this very unusual usage.

73

Larry - F6FVY